I fully admit, I go through ebbs and flows with being an avid reader. I enjoy it, I just don’t always make the time. Or I find myself read two chapters then put the book down, next thing I know I’m scrolling through Instagram (woops).
Below are my favorite books from the last few years. I love a range of types of books from romance/YA fiction, to memoirs, & self-help inspirational books. Not only have these stories taught me lessons, but have provided a getaway for long commutes, trips, and times I needed to escape being in my own head.
I read all fiction/non-fiction on my mini iPad through iBooks, but I prefer to read Self-Help books on paper or hardback so I can highlight sections, write notes on the side, and add little sticky notes.
What’re your favorite books? I NEED RECOMMENDATIONS!
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- An Abundance of Kathryn’s by John Green
- Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand
- Fifty Shades by EL James (yes, I’m a fan)
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Hungry: Lessons Learned on the Journey from Fat to Thin by Allen Zadoff
- It Was Me All Along by Andie Mitchell
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling